Saturday, April 17, 2010

Presenter Profile: Suzy Becker


Suzy Becker is an author, artist and entrepreneur, Suzy Becker began her career as an award-winning advertising copywriter, and then founded the Widget Factory, a greeting card company. She entered the world of books with what would become the internationally bestselling All I Need to Know I Learned from My Cat, now in the Double-Platinum Collector's Edition All I Need to Know I Learned from My Cat (And Then Some). Suzy has since written and illustrated The All Better Book, My Dog's the World's Best Dog, I Had Brain Surgery, What's Your Excuse?, Manny's Cows, Books Are for Reading, and Kids Make It Better (May, 2010). Her books, greeting cards and work in print and TV advertising have earned her numerous design and writing awards.

Suzy Becker has also received the Anti-Defamation League's "A World of Difference" Award for her community service initiatives, including the Ride For AIDS Resources (www.ridefar.org), the country's first HIV/AIDS bike-a-thon which has raised over $1,000,000 for HIV/AIDS service organizations.

Becker was New England Women Business Owners' youngest-ever Woman of the Year. She is a former (Clinton) White House Fellow, a Bunting Fellow at Radcliffe, and she is a perennial finalist in the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes. For more about Suzy Becker, visit www.suzybecker.com

Suzy's PechaKucha Presentation:

I like to think of life as a medium. So far, I’ve made ads, cards, cartoons, a kid, books, a small business, a charter school, a marriage, and a million-dollar HIV/AIDS fundraiser with mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment