Saturday, February 13, 2010

Vol 4 Presenter Profile: Benjamin Caras

Topic:

Computer controlled mechanics: How I coaxed my computer to work for me rather than against me.



Benjamin Caras is an artist and metal fabricator who builds computer controlled cutting machines/robots on the cheap, that rapid prototype parts, draw large-scale patterns… and write graffiti.
“This technology changed the way I design, fabricate, and think about art and the process of art making.  I'd like to share my discovery of inexpensive, renegade automation and encourage others to explore it for themselves.”

Bio:

Benjamin Caras has his MFA in visual art and digital fabrication from University of Massachusetts, Amherst.  He hails from a family with a deep history in the metal’s industry.  He draws from his rich industrial background to influence his art.


Websites:

www.artdoxa.com/benjamin <http://www.artdoxa.com/benjamin>     
www.ledgerockfab.com <http://www.ledgerockfab.com>

No comments:

Post a Comment